RNT Large Colony and spreading

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hey Reeders,
RTN , can’t change subject line .

yesterday I noticed one of my large SPS colonies that I had for over two years was melting away and then this morning the whole thing look like it was melting and gooey...

then noticing it’s also spreading to my other colony near it I remove both colonies and the one that was also being affected I flagged it the best I could dipped in iodine.

no swings in any chemistry the only thing I can think of is I added five new hammerheads from someone else’s tank that I did dip and Bayer solution and I also added GFO and carbon reactor for the first time four weeks ago I don’t know if that could cause it but after four weeks I would think that it’s not the GFO as my phosphates are still 0.12.

anyone else think it’s the GFO or could be the new corals I added as a bacterial infection I hope it doesn’t spread to my other SPS colonies?

thanks

DE73B47F-D3B4-456D-A27B-D28075BA08D5.jpeg 6DC949C5-2BA8-4EC8-8A4D-7706393317CE.jpeg

Avast

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
If it’s gooey it’s not rtn, its most likely a brown jelly disease. Check your ph, was there a serious dip, also check your pumps was your flow off or are your pump not working properly ?

OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
It’s very gooey,
If it’s gooey it’s not rtn, its most likely a brown jelly disease. Check your ph, was there a serious dip, also check your pumps was your flow off or are your pump not working properly ?
It was very gooey, I did not know sps can get brown jelly disease.

my flow is running fine it seems, nothing changed with that.

I’ll check my Ph now

What types of R2R interview articles are you most excited about?

• Specific reef topics! (List the ones you'd like to see us cover in the thread.)

Votes: 28 38.9%
  • Specific reef personalities! (List the people you'd like us to interview in the thread.)

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Not that concerned about the topics...I just wanna see the awesome PICTURES!

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • All of the above!! ...and yes, I'll list some in the thread. :-)

Votes: 27 37.5%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
www.cherrycorals.com