RO Buddie filtering too fast

amiller182

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to reef tanks and recently purchased a Aquatic Life RO Buddie Plus DI Four Stage Reverse Osmosis Deionization Unit 50 GPD. I set it up last night and ran it overnight and after about 11 hours it had filled a 32 gallon bucket with filtered water. I was under the impression it would only produce about 15-20 gallons per 24 hours. Any thoughts on what happened or if this water would be safe to use?

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you should get yourself a TDS meter, they are cheap like $15. If it is 0 TDS, it is good to use. i also have RO buddy, I get about 15 gallons per day, from morning to night, which means about 30 gallons per 24 hours. If you have 32 gallons in 11 hours, I will guess that you might have used the wrong hose. Double check that you set it up right, and that you are not actually getting the waste water. Waste water is much more than rodi water, about 3:1 ratio

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to reef tanks and recently purchased a Aquatic Life RO Buddie Plus DI Four Stage Reverse Osmosis Deionization Unit 50 GPD. I set it up last night and ran it overnight and after about 11 hours it had filled a 32 gallon bucket with filtered water. I was under the impression it would only produce about 15-20 gallons per 24 hours. Any thoughts on what happened or if this water would be safe to use?

OP
OP
A

amiller182

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you should get yourself a TDS meter, they are cheap like $15. If it is 0 TDS, it is good to use. i also have RO buddy, I get about 15 gallons per day, from morning to night, which means about 30 gallons per 24 hours. If you have 32 gallons in 11 hours, I will guess that you might have used the wrong hose. Double check that you set it up right, and that you are not actually getting the waste water. Waste water is much more than rodi water, about 3:1 ratio
Thanks I will definitely pick up a TDS meter, I double checked the setup and the waste tubes and everything seemed correct.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will vary a lot based off water temp/pressure/etc, but ya that much in a short time does not sound right. Definetely check the tds

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back