RO Canister Working Properly

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for the explanation. Makes total sense. For the record, I did bleed them just for aesthetics, but it’s good to know it makes no difference. 0 TDS either way.

Love having this dual canister now. I don’t have to worry about gauging the end of the resin. I can just wait until canister 2 shows some consumption and rotate it and put a fresh one on.
Yeah I run dual DI as well. You’ll always have 0 TDS. I probably waste a little DI resin but I replace my first DI canister as soon as it shows 1 TDS coming out. I do the same with my carbon blocks. As soon as I see any ammonia breakthrough on the first block I move the second one over and put a new in it’s place.

OP
OP
Adamantium

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I run dual DI as well. You’ll always have 0 TDS. I probably waste a little DI resin but I replace my first DI canister as soon as it shows 1 TDS coming out. I do the same with my carbon blocks. As soon as I see any ammonia breakthrough on the first block I move the second one over and put a new in it’s place.
Interesting. So you have a TDS meter between the two DI canisters? Looks like the setup I have can’t do that, so I’ll have to go by color change. The two canisters, unlike on the product page, are directly in line and connected. No external tubing.

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. So you have a TDS meter between the two DI canisters? Looks like the setup I have can’t do that, so I’ll have to go by color change. The two canisters, unlike on the product page, are directly in line and connected. No external tubing.
I have two dual probe TDS meters. The first has a probe measuring the source water from the tap, the other probe on that box is after the RO membrane. This, combined with the pressure gage makes it easy to monitor the rejection rate I’m getting from the RO membrane. It also lets me watch TDS creep, I divert down the drain through a three way valve until TDS drops. Their keep high TDS water from going through the DIresin.
The second TDS meter is on the DI cartridges. I have a probe on the output of each cartridge. This way I can YDS of each DI cartridge. When the first cartridge shows 1 TDS I move the second cartridge to the first position and a fresh cartridge in the second position. The second always read 0.

Aaronreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if anyone can advise me here.

I'm looking to replace my RO filters, do I need to have a GAC and a carbon block or can I use two carbon blocks and no GAC ?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back