Ro/Di filters replacement

hlem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone uses ebay/amazon (non AWI, BRS, other aquatic brand places) sediment pre-filter, and carbon blocks for your RO/DI unit?

I'm looking at this place here for sediment filter and carbon blocks. They all seems to be the same "specs" as AWI and BRS filters.

http://www.uswatersystems.com

some of the brands are: Hydronix and Watts

NaplesAquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always added filters to a BRS order or just ordered direct from AWI (My RO/DI is an AWI Typhoon III), couldn't comment on any of these.

Jeff

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS and AWI supply filters in too coarse or a micron range so they do a poor job of protecting the carbon blocks billions of tiny microscopic pores which are necessary to adsorb chlorine and VOCs.
Always use no larger than a 1 micron prefilter and 0.5 or 0.2 microns is better, especially if it is absolute rated instead of the cheaper, less efficient nominal rated.
Take a look at the CSPDI replacement kit in this sales flyer:
Untitled Document
It includes a 0.5 micron absolute rated prefilter, a 0.5 micron 20,000 gallon carbon block and a refillable DI cartridge with 20 oz of SilicaBuster resin which will outperform and outlast any other resin by 20% or more.

You get what you pay for with filters and they are not all the same. Since their sole purpose is to protect the more expensive RO membrane buy the best you can afford as they will ave you money in membrane and DI replacements.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.3%
Back