Ro/di issue?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CHSUB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CHSUB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 4, 2015
Messages
2,839
Reaction score
2,922
Location
Punta Gorda, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 stage BRS Ro/di set up for chloramines. I change when TDS is 1 which always comes when the DI resin changes completely to yellow in color. I’m at 1 TDS now after about a year but only make ~10-15 gallons per week, which doesn’t seem like a huge amount imo? The question is the resin is only half yellow? At only 52$ to change the filters and have on hand, however it seems strange?
image.jpg
 
Maybe some water has found a channel through it.
That is my thinking. I pack the resin myself, so maybe I need to pack better? Anyways I changed it just now and back to 0. The resin that appeared dark or unchanged was actually much lighter than new, so maybe very close to extinguished?
IMG_1621.jpeg
IMG_1622.jpeg
IMG_1623.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new