RO/DI Issues

Topreefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I wanted to ask for some help here as I am dumbfounded at what is going on, so here it is! Yesterday I replaced my sediment and carbon blocks and produced 0 tds water all day long. I shut it off last night to resume in the morning. This morning I swapped out the DI resin and now I am getting more TDS coming after the DI stage than before. Currently I have 15 going into the DI stage (Normal for my water supply) and 20-25 coming out as product water. RO membranes are flushed and less than 6 months old, obviously sediment and carbon filter are less than 24 hours old and DI is brand new. I have re-seated all of them. I replaced the dual TDS meter not that long ago, could the meter be bad? Literally super weird that it has started to do this! The unit itself is almost 10 years old, maybe time for a new one?

Appreciate the help!

Fishy212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pack it a third of the way by tapping it or manually pushing it down. Repeat until the di canister is full and does not flex. Just went through this whole process myself.

OP
OP
Topreefer92

Topreefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So thank you all for the advice I repacked it and it brought he product water down to 1. Going in is around 19 TDS and coming out is 1, I cant seem to get it down to 0. I have never had this much trouble getting it to 0. Any other thoughts as to why it is not going to 0? Ultimately it should be getting to 0 as it is running through the DI stage and would just use up DI faster. Any further suggestions are much appreciated before I just buy a whole new unit and upgrade.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
19 TDS going in is exceptional - are you sure your TDS is measuring properly.

What is the TDS right past the membrane?

OP
OP
Topreefer92

Topreefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I should have been more specific that is 19 tds going into the DI stage, so after the membranes.

OP
OP
Topreefer92

Topreefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine specifically at tap is typically around 350 tds, that is after the water softner. It passes 2 ro membranes as well, between 10-19 is the best I have ever gotten here in Arizona. I was finally able to get it down to 0, had to run the system for about 15 minutes before 0.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 80 44.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 83 46.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 8.9%
Back