RO DI - PPM

joelat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, I have started making my own RO water, Currently using 4 stage filter including DI resin finter. But i am not getting 0 PPM when filtered. I am getting around 0.1 - 0.15 ppm. To get 0 ppm can i add dechlorinator/Prime or would the difference be negligible? Thanks in advance.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The meters on my system do not read that low so if my water is less then 0.5 it is going to read 0

OP
OP
J

joelat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My meter reads lower than that I don’t know how accurate it is though, my knowledge on this was that it should always be as close to 0 as possible. I don’t know what The negatived are for the tank if there is still some trace above 0 ppm reading or if readings under a certain level would make a negligible difference in terms of long term negatives for the tanks

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My meter reads lower than that I don’t know how accurate it is though, my knowledge on this was that it should always be as close to 0 as possible. I don’t know what The negatived are for the tank if there is still some trace above 0 ppm reading or if readings under a certain level would make a negligible difference in terms of long term negatives for the tanks

What meter are you using (brand and model)? Is it an inline meter, or something testing the done water once it is collected (which can easily rise due to CO2 from the air and other trace contaminants).

0.1 ppm TDS, if accurate, is adequate and ready to go.

I would NOT add Prime to it for any reason.

OP
OP
J

joelat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What meter are you using (brand and model)? Is it an inline meter, or something testing the done water once it is collected (which can easily rise due to CO2 from the air and other trace contaminants).

0.1 ppm TDS, if accurate, is adequate and ready to go.

I would NOT add Prime to it for any reason.

It is just one I picked Up from amazon, I can’t see a brand name on it. It is one you dip in the collected water. I will see if i can cross check with another meter to see if it is accurate. If so i will leave it at 0.1 - 0.15 would adding a 2nd DI chamber benefit me or again for the difference it would make should i just leave it?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is just one I picked Up from amazon, I can’t see a brand name on it. It is one you dip in the collected water. I will see if i can cross check with another meter to see if it is accurate. If so i will leave it at 0.1 - 0.15 would adding a 2nd DI chamber benefit me or again for the difference it would make should i just leave it?

So it is a stand alone TDS meter. Be certain you are reading the values and units correctly. A very good (and usually expensive) conductivity meter can read 0.1 ppm TDS, but most cheap meters hit a limit at 1 ppm TDS. The Hanna DIST 1, for example, can only read 0 or 1 ppm TDS at its lower limit.

If the 0.15 ppm TDS is correct and the true value is not 15 ppm TDS, then the water is fine, and it may not be able to read any lower anyway.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back