Ro/di setup

Letmeusemyemail

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the process of putting all the pieces together to set up a red sea 350. The tank came on Monday. The 7 stage ro/di system and life rock will be here tomorrow. I have a heater but still waiting on the inkbird. And need to get a protein skimmer.
however my biggest question is, I have the space for the tank, but my house layout isn’t feasible for large amount of water storage. I see most people storing their water in a brute trash can.
I don’t have a laundry room, but a laundry closet, so I don’t have a slop sink. I only have a crawl space and my garage gets close to freezing temparures and it’s 3 steps up to get into the house.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could probably make the garage work. Maybe a little heavier duty container for some insulation or wrap for SW and a heater. If the rodi isn't frozen it's fine to use.

Or maybe something less than brute that you can stack or cover for in-house closet and keep the big volume on the garage.

I use these 10 gal (12" x 24") for my 170. I get away with once every two weeks, you'd probably have weekly fills.
1610600000666.png

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back