RO/DI system outdoors

paxton.rock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a filtration system outside with just a cheap “RO Buddie”. I have two 55 gallon barrels for collection. They grow green algae around the bottom with each fill up. Until I empty it and have to wash it again. It is VERY annoying. I am looking into buying a fancy BRS 7 stage but don’t want to just throw it outside.

I have NO WAY of keeping storage containers anywhere inside. Does anyone have an idea or suggestion to make things easier?

Below is a pic of my current setup right after I built it.

IMG_7460.png

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy a 32 gallon brute trash can and store it when not in use. You can get wheels for it if need be. Use 5 gallon water storage jugs for water too offs. The brs units are portable if need be. I run 2 100 gallon systems and a 60 gallon. No issues. I fill the brute, throw two heaters and a water pump to mix salt water and fill the jugs in my bath tub when I need top off water.

Not_Erick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you can build a tiny shed around them? Or move them to a garage? There’s so many possibilities especially since you already have the main equipment

JonsNano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could wrap the containers in vinyl, maybe leave a vertical slit on the back just as a water level viewing window but a shed like others have said or boxing them in somehow would probably be for the best.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a filtration system outside with just a cheap “RO Buddie”. I have two 55 gallon barrels for collection. They grow green algae around the bottom with each fill up. Until I empty it and have to wash it again. It is VERY annoying. I am looking into buying a fancy BRS 7 stage but don’t want to just throw it outside.

I have NO WAY of keeping storage containers anywhere inside. Does anyone have an idea or suggestion to make things easier?

Below is a pic of my current setup right after I built it.

IMG_7460.png
Do your hoses get brittle? I've had the RO tubing break on me when I run a line outside for garden water. It is in direct sunlight.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.1%
Back