RO/DI tubing connections

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely baffled that there isn’t a single video online explaining how to connect an RO/DI units tubing.

I have a BRS 7 stage RO/DI unit and my father in law disconnected it to mount it more comfortably and I have no idea if I reconnected it all right. I have my doubts becuase when I connected an auto flush kit it doesn’t seem to work properly as some water leaks from the restrictor and I want to make sure I connected it all correct before I contact customer service on a possible faulty auto flush valve.
IMG_4087.jpeg
IMG_4085.jpeg
IMG_4086.jpeg

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
water-saver-upgrade-kit.jpg

If you have water leaking, ensure the oring on the fitting is not pinched and you have a nice square cut on the tubing.
Molykote 111 works great to lube the tubing tips before insertion.

Goodluck!

OP
OP
Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
water-saver-upgrade-kit.jpg

If you have water leaking, ensure the oring on the fitting is not pinched and you have a nice square cut on the tubing.
Molykote 111 works great to lube the tubing tips before insertion.

Goodluck!
Thank you so much!! But what about this piece? This is the one I’ve had trouble with the most :(
IMG_4085.jpeg

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much!! But what about this piece? This is the one I’ve had trouble with the most :(
IMG_4085.jpeg
Thats an auto shutoff valve. Its shown in the lower right of the diagram.
Its meant to be used with a reservoir and a float to cut off flow before the reservoir overflows.

Heres a better photo showing how its supposed to be hooked up inline with the RODI inlet in red on the lowerhalf and RO product water outlet in blue on the upperhalf.

if you dont care to use an overflow safety, you can remove it and hook the red tube directly to RODI inlet and blue tube directly to your DI stage (or 3 way ball valve if you want a DI bypass which is highly recommended)
water-saver-final.jpg

OP
OP
Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats an auto shutoff valve. Its shown in the lower right of the diagram.
Its meant to be used with a reservoir and a float to cut off flow before the reservoir overflows.

Heres a better photo showing how its supposed to be hooked up inline with the RODI inlet in red on the lowerhalf and RO product water outlet in blue on the upperhalf.

if you dont care to use an overflow safety, you can remove it and hook the red tube directly to RODI inlet and blue tube directly to your DI stage (or 3 way ball valve if you want a DI bypass which is highly recommended)
water-saver-final.jpg
Thank you soooooooo much!!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back