ro/di water storage?

  • Thread starter Thread starter racer14j
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

racer14j

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2012
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Location
close to champaign il
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
o.k. so to start I was using a 18gal Rubbermaid storage tub until yesterday. I woke up to the sound we all fear drip drip drip. after running to my tank to find it wasn't empty. I found my ro/di unit was running all night and a Rubbermaid tub with a crack at the bottom. so my question is about my next attempt at storing water. I bought a 21 gallon tough box made by incredible solutions has any one used one and is it o.k. to use. thanks
 
thanks, I was thinking about making some shelving to get more space and a frame to support the sides I think that is what caused the first to fail.
 
You should look into something like these. They are made to hold liquids, are food grade quality and only cost $20. You can even tap it near the bottom and install a bulkhead and a ball or gate valve for getting water out.



 
You should look into something like these. They are made to hold liquids, are food grade quality and only cost $20. You can even tap it near the bottom and install a bulkhead and a ball or gate valve for getting water out.



Any info on these? Can you get them online?
 
I get them used from a reseller in SW Florida. These are food grade containers that were used to deliver food stuff, syrup, condiments, etc to food prosesers and restaurants. They have a big variety of containers, but I don't think they are willing to ship them.
Home
 
Sportsmans Warehouse, Bass Pro and Cabelas have cube type heavy blue plastic water storage containers up to like 8-10 gallons. WalMart has them in a 5 gallon size.
 
I just use a regular garbage can from Home Depot ... I wash it real good and had no problems w anything leaching out.
 
I have been looking for a better solution than brute containers. They take up a lot of space. I like the rectangular storage containers you can buy online but the shipping is as much as the container. I need to keep looking locally.
 
You can order rectangular brute cans from homedepot.com with free shipping. Too big for the op, however, so just an fyi.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new