RO Membrane didn’t help TDS reading high

Melissa31595

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 7, 2024
Messages
44
Reaction score
9
Location
Bartlesville
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had some tds readings a little high so we changed out the RO membrane and now the TDS is reading even higher. We flushed the system for 12+ hrs and it still reads at a 5-6. What did we do wrong?

IMG_2558.jpeg IMG_2561.jpeg
 
That could be normal if just after the membrane. They are not 100% effective, which is why resin is required afterward. If this is after the resin, consider changing it.
 
Are you using di resin, or just filter blocks and a membrane?
 
we have 2 di resin cartridges. They are the 2 black tubes on top of the system
Ok. I’d check if they are depleted. Are they mixed beds, or one cation and anion?
 
we have 2 di resin cartridges. They are the 2 black tubes on top of the system
I'm betting your resin is shot, change it out and try again. Most people tend to burn through it quicker than they realize.

I burn through mixed bed resin easily 2-3 times a year and I use a larger 10" canister. I also make 25 - 40 gallons of water a month with a average TDS of 350. I prefer to use the color changing resin that tells you when it's gone.
 
After looking closer @ the photo, the 5 TDS is after the resin. Get some new resin and try again. I'd suggest mixed bed and color changing, so it's easier to monitor and to deal with frankly.
Okay! Thank you!
 
After looking closer @ the photo, the 5 TDS is after the resin. Get some new resin and try again. I'd suggest mixed bed and color changing, so it's easier to monitor and to deal with frankly.
Agree
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new