RO Membrane in and out ports.

Clownreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Dumb question but.. which one is in and out on the membrane? I have a 7 state BRS unit. I have the blue line which I think is on the port into the sediment filters. Is this correct?

Thank you!!
IMG_9029.jpeg

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Dumb question but.. which one is in and out on the membrane? I have a 7 state BRS unit. I have the blue line which I think is on the port into the sediment filters. Is this correct?

Thank you!!
IMG_9029.jpeg
Blue is the R.O water and should go to the DI. Red is the waste water, and should have a flow restrictor of some kind either capillary by the fitting or inline

OP
OP
Clownreef

Clownreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue is the R.O water and should go to the DI. Red is the waste water, and should have a flow restrictor of some kind either capillary by the fitting or inline
They’re not color coated. I only had those colors. I’m trying to figure out if I have them plumbed correctly.

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re not color coated. I only had those colors. I’m trying to figure out if I have them plumbed correctly.

I was basing the color coding on the photo provided. The setup looks correct.

6-Stage_RODI_-_BRS-03.jpg

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the waste out on the red line. Looks like the water to waste is the top one?
Does your membrane housing have a plus and minus on the end?

PXL_20240128_211747473.jpg

The minus is the waste line.

If there are no markings, the good water line (that goes to the di) is farthest back on the housing.

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to try to explain things so people understand, rather than try to memorize info about their RO system. So how do you know which port is the permeate (RO water) and which port is the concentrate?

This should help. All you have to remember is that permeate comes out of the central stem of the membrane.

RO membrane housing ports.png

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back