RO systems

  • Thread starter Thread starter deuce
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

deuce

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 29, 2012
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Location
Bucyrus, Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question when buying a ro system will a normal ro 3 stage system work or should I get the 4 stage ro/di unit. I'm lost when it comes to this one so any info will be a great help to what I will purchase
 
The more stages the better quality water you will get from the system.
 
You need rodi, not just ro for perfect water... Spectrapure and Air Water Ice have nice units.
 
More stages is not necesarily better, it can actually be worse as each stage has an associated headloss which reduces the RO membrane efficiency.
You do want 4 good reef quality stages though, not ebay quality and not Air Water & Ice. I owned their Typhoon III previously and would not recomend it, the filters are too coarse, it uses a second unneeded carbon and other things like a fixed flow restrictor and prepackaged DI resin. You can do much better for less money and it will end up costing even less to own and operate over its lifespan. I do recommend Spectrapure which has a good reef quality RO/DI for $125 right now as well as Buckeye Field Supply and PurelyH2o. All sell good quality systems using good filters and components at good prices.
 
I have been using a bulkreefsupply 4 stage for years, love it! super easy to get filters and replacement parts for as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new