Ro water quality is bad

olavvk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an easy line 300 osmosis ( RO) filter. I have used the device once, so it was bought new and I now measure a value of 25ppm, the normal tap water from the tap is 425 ppm. what can I do to get my osmosis water to 0ppm? And what would be the risk if i use this water?

Bato367

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your filtration system consists of only an RO membrane, you will need to install or add on additional filters.

Most RO/DI systems, say with a "4 stage" RO/DI, the water first is filtered by the sediment filter, then carbon filter, then to the RO membrane and finally through the DI resin filter then to your RODI water storage.

If you have all of these and still can't get 0 TDS, then either your filters need replaced OR your source water is dirty enough that you need additional filter units.

Without pre-filtering the incoming water, the RO membrane likely won't last long at all. It is doing the work of 3 other filters.

OP
OP
olavvk

olavvk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the answers! So i have 3 now, sediment filter, carbon filter and the membram. So if i buy a di resin filter, i just can connect it to my RO membram filter?

OP
OP
olavvk

olavvk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your filtration system consists of only an RO membrane, you will need to install or add on additional filters.

Most RO/DI systems, say with a "4 stage" RO/DI, the water first is filtered by the sediment filter, then carbon filter, then to the RO membrane and finally through the DI resin filter then to your RODI water storage.

If you have all of these and still can't get 0 TDS, then either your filters need replaced OR your source water is dirty enough that you need additional filter units.

Without pre-filtering the incoming water, the RO membrane likely won't last long at all. It is doing the work of 3 other filters.
So this is the di resin filter right? If yes, i will try this to add at the final stage of my osmosis filter

Attachments

• 57F0F646-A5B0-4F66-8428-AB6BD5708854.jpeg
    57F0F646-A5B0-4F66-8428-AB6BD5708854.jpeg
    309.6 KB · Views: 27

aquaman67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An RO membrane is a mechanical filter. Meaning it strains out molecules that are larger than water molecules. About 95% of what’s in your was removed by your RO.

Some molecules are smaller than water molecules and will pass through an RO membrane. (That’s why your water after the RO is still 25.)

So, to get all of the molecules out of the water you will need to use a deionizer. A deionizer uses the electrical charge of molecules to remove them.

The reason you need to use a deionizer is because one of the molecules that is smaller than a water molecule is phosphate. (Many municipal water systems add a type of phosphate to control scale in water mains)

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back