OP
R

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh and we are gonna be mixxing salt for the new 120Gallon :) just bought a 200G instant ocean reef crystals orange box. anyone if its any good. We are gonna be doing a full cycle on this new 120 till about july. wanted to no if this salt is any good. Thank you!

OP
OP
R

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC09285edited.jpg
DSC09290edited.jpg
DSC09292edited.jpg
DSC09299edited.jpg
DSC09308edited.jpg

MistaOrange

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh and we are gonna be mixxing salt for the new 120Gallon :) just bought a 200G instant ocean reef crystals orange box. anyone if its any good. We are gonna be doing a full cycle on this new 120 till about july. wanted to no if this salt is any good. Thank you!

I've only heard good things about reef chrytals & wish we could get it here...

OP
OP
R

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shallow tank Anemone and SPS and zoas/ Frag tank to hold Frags we buy and some that we have no room after i clip in the DT.

and a DT as well.

MistaOrange

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool was just wondering as you only post frag shots & hardly any FTS... Saw the 120g build going to be awesome to see the progress & good to see people do cycles as some people here tend to know best & don't do cycles because they dosing bacteria... So what the tank still needs to do a cycle regardless...

OP
OP
R

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes very true.! also i post FTS once in a blue every week is boring inless we do something crazy to teh tanks aquascape. i Dont only Post Frags silly But close ups of some colonies. :) the closer you are the better IMO :p Gets you front and center. so you can see what i see. :)

fisharefriends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well esv is harder to measure out but it also contains the two part additives as well it may lessen the need for you to dose ...

OP
OP
R

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we love hand dosing. We just have to see what is high in the reef crystals. i think it is CAL but im not sure or can be ALK. i will see in about a week .

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I remember correctly mine mixed up at 480, 11, 1300. I recently switched back to io

OP
OP
R

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh wow thats pretty high ALK, that was for the Reef crystals? orange box? you using the Purple Box now? what does that test at normally ?

MistaOrange

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes very true.! also i post FTS once in a blue every week is boring inless we do something crazy to teh tanks aquascape. i Dont only Post Frags silly But close ups of some colonies. :) the closer you are the better IMO :p Gets you front and center. so you can see what i see. :)

Well thanks for sharing your view with us you have some awesome coral something to be proud of... Yes I'm jealous as we hardly get any of those wicked colours here but when we do the sell quickly... Sigh... LOL

OP
OP
R

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by fisharefriends
Hey kid what are those zoas in post 83 to the bottom right of pic in back row...?
In the first pic..

copy and paste the link . too much work looking threw the thread lol.!

seeeeeee i did reply. ! page 16.

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I started with instant ocean (purple box) and had to dose quite a bit. I switched to reef crystals (orange box) and rarely dosed. IO I was testing at 350, 6, 1120. I switched back so I could dose more often. I noticed a decrease in growth (particularly sps) when I used RC. My acans actually stopped growing at all as well. Zoa and paly sure did take off though. Long story short, I get much better results when I can dose my 2 part. I'm using oceans blend and it contains every major and minor trace element. I really like this stuff and will continue to pay more for it rather than diy 2 part and mag.

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One other thing about reef crystals is the inconsistency between batches. People report parameters all over the place, like 10-14 dkh, 425-500 ca. It also takes longer for it to mix than instant ocean. I have actually witnessed a fresh mix of reef crystals precipitate calcium in the bucket while mixing it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 28 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back