OP
Robg719

Robg719

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I understand the need for storage. Is there much noise to it? Mine will be in the livingroom and being able to tune it down to fairly quiet will be important for my wife's approval!

No noise issues. But obviously would depend on the overflow setup and what type of return/ circulation pumps and skimmer you use.

OP
OP
Robg719

Robg719

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaned up the middle of my sump, added a grow light and some macros for nutrient export. Chaeto and a few Red & Green Gracilaria.
IMG_5142.JPG
IMG_5137.JPG
IMG_5141.JPG

rhastareefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SC Aquariums right? How do you like the build quality so far? Are the seams flawless? I've had my eye on them. Price seems really good.

Are you using their stand?

OP
OP
Robg719

Robg719

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SC Aquariums right? How do you like the build quality so far? Are the seams flawless? I've had my eye on them. Price seems really good.

Yes, Its an SCA 150. Quality is amazing... tank is built like a tank (but extremely heavy) absolutely no complaints. Only think to consider is if you want their sump. Its amazing quality as well, but takes up the entire cabinet. So if you want to use the stand/cabinet for any storage you will need to get smaller sump. Personally, I like having the extra water volume (its ~80gal sump) with built in RODI chamber.

OP
OP
Robg719

Robg719

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

and yes, i am using their stand

Picesduh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, Its an SCA 150. Quality is amazing... tank is built like a tank (but extremely heavy) absolutely no complaints. Only think to consider is if you want their sump. Its amazing quality as well, but takes up the entire cabinet. So if you want to use the stand/cabinet for any storage you will need to get smaller sump. Personally, I like having the extra water volume (its ~80gal sump) with built in RODI chamber.

Do you know approximately how many pounds just the glass tank was?

Erick F.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank as you. I did not need 4 people to lift the tank. Me and my buddy lifted it up no problem. I have a few complaints about the tank stand and hood that comes with it. First, the hinges on the doors mounted on the stand are not stainless steel and will rust ( half of mine are completely rusted and it has only been running 11 months). Second, the hood height is too short and leads to your lights getting water spray on them. I no longer use the hood since it led to one of my Radions getting a short due to water intrusion. Actually I have another complaint and it has to do with their overflow. The overflow is blocked off a good bit due to the glass bracing design they use. God forbid you drop something inside of the overflow, which has happened to me. I am not trying to bash SCA, but I figure I would tell others about my experience.

OP
OP
Robg719

Robg719

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ONE YEAR BUILD Progress Pics! So great to see how much it evolved.
Picture1.png

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back