OP
RobW

RobW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read through this build and its looks like its going to be great. Looking forward to following along. Nice to see another A/V guy here. Im a field engineer/install supervisor for a commercial integrator.
Nice! I'm an electrical contractor first and foremost but am also a Crestron Dealer. Which automation system(s) do you use?

K.miller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats cool. Im just an A/V guy. I know enough about electrical to be dangerous so i leave that stuff to you guys. We are 99.9% Crestron. We have one client who insists on AMX but we sub out the programming. You must do some pretty high end houses if they are getting control systems in them.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I'm still alive... lol! Sorry the build has stalled out. I'm still so busy with work. I have a new guy starting tomorrow. Should be a little bit of a help. Seems I run into this situation almost every summer. You get a few jobs that get delayed from either homeowners making changes to their houses, or something with building departments. It creates a nightmare when I get a few houses that all of a sudden get stacked on top of each other. Been working 10-12 hours a day 7 days a week for a while now playing catch up. Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel here. Probably have about 2-3 more weeks of hard grinding to do then I'll be in the clear. Then I promise I will get back to work on the tank build and share some more with you. For today, I'm just going to be lazy and spend the day with my wife and kid watching movies and relaxing. It's much needed and I miss them.

Happy you use your downtime with your family! Seems to be a forgotten thing in recent years.

OP
OP
RobW

RobW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats cool. Im just an A/V guy. I know enough about electrical to be dangerous so i leave that stuff to you guys. We are 99.9% Crestron. We have one client who insists on AMX but we sub out the programming. You must do some pretty high end houses if they are getting control systems in them.
That's 90% of our work. High end homes is our specialty. They're in abundance in south Florida. Never a dull working moment.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @RobW - you really must be slammed with work. Often one of those "good" problems. Anything new and exciting happening?

OP
OP
RobW

RobW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @RobW - you really must be slammed with work. Often one of those "good" problems. Anything new and exciting happening?
Been off here a while. Been traveling a lot out of state. One of my clients purchased a cabin in Big Sky, Montana. He says "make my cabin like my house here in florida!" So this is where I've been. 7200 square feet. 8200 ft. High. About 1 hour from Yellowstone. All Crestron automation and controlled with Alexa. Automating a driveway deicing system, full lighting control, audio, video, etc.

20191111_132330.jpg 20191104_083739.jpg 20191104_002356.jpg 20191104_002412.jpg 20191104_065333.jpg 20191108_140949.jpg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been off here a while. Been traveling a lot out of state. One of my clients purchased a cabin in Big Sky, Montana. He says "make my cabin like my house here in florida!" So this is where I've been. 7200 square feet. 8200 ft. High. About 1 hour from Yellowstone. All Crestron automation and controlled with Alexa. Automating a driveway deicing system, full lighting control, audio, video, etc.

20191111_132330.jpg 20191104_083739.jpg 20191104_002356.jpg 20191104_002412.jpg 20191104_065333.jpg 20191108_140949.jpg

Nice to hear from you and happy it sounds like things are going well for you.

That's a beautiful house with outstanding views. Nice to have clients like that for sure!

OP
OP
RobW

RobW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to hear from you and happy it sounds like things are going well for you.

That's a beautiful house with outstanding views. Nice to have clients like that for sure!
Work wise, yes, things have been going pretty good. Unfortunately, there have been tons of other obstacles lately. I've just about scrapped the idea of bringing this setup to a reality... for now. A buddy of mine is interested in taking what I've built, changing things up a little and putting it to use in his home. So... this the end of my build thread, unfortunately. Maybe at a later date I can revisit the idea. Probably move things in a slightly different direction as well. My wife has been battling some unfortunate health issues lately. She is doing well now. Surgeries, healing, and getting back to normal has been the focus for the last few months. On the bright side, she is doing much better now and is expected to be completely fine. It just isn't in the cards right now to take on a project like this. We are sad about it but, I don't want to get into something this big and not be able to give it the attention that it needs and potentially waste countless thousands of dollars. Have no fear! When the time is right, this build will be back with a vengeance! Probably better than this one too!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Work wise, yes, things have been going pretty good. Unfortunately, there have been tons of other obstacles lately. I've just about scrapped the idea of bringing this setup to a reality... for now. A buddy of mine is interested in taking what I've built, changing things up a little and putting it to use in his home. So... this the end of my build thread, unfortunately. Maybe at a later date I can revisit the idea. Probably move things in a slightly different direction as well. My wife has been battling some unfortunate health issues lately. She is doing well now. Surgeries, healing, and getting back to normal has been the focus for the last few months. On the bright side, she is doing much better now and is expected to be completely fine. It just isn't in the cards right now to take on a project like this. We are sad about it but, I don't want to get into something this big and not be able to give it the attention that it needs and potentially waste countless thousands of dollars. Have no fear! When the time is right, this build will be back with a vengeance! Probably better than this one too!

I have to admit that it's disappointing to learn you're pulling the plug on your build. However, I completely understand that life can get overwhelming all on its own.

Happy your wife is fairing better these days and wish both of you continued good health!

If/when you do return for your next build, please make sure to look me up. Hopefully, I'll still be around.

OP
OP
RobW

RobW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to admit that it's disappointing to learn you're pulling the plug on your build. However, I completely understand that life can get overwhelming all on its own.

Happy your wife is fairing better these days and wish both of you continued good health!

If/when you do return for your next build, please make sure to look me up. Hopefully, I'll still be around.
Absolutely! It's been nice sharing and talking with you through the course of the build. We still have my sons nano tank and a 40 breeder. It keeps us occupied in the meantime.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back