Rating - 100%
1   0   0

champyeti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple RFAs who anchor to the glass bottom (or at least are split between rubble/a rock and the bottom). They will cram their foot anywhere they can. Not sure one of them knows it's not planted on the rock its foot is under lol.

OP
OP
L

lesterfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your reply! Hope to cover some of my bare bottom floor with a collection of rock anemone.

I have a couple RFAs who anchor to the glass bottom (or at least are split between rubble/a rock and the bottom). They will cram their foot anywhere they can. Not sure one of them knows it's not planted on the rock its foot is under lol.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the RFA will attach to the glass, but it may move to the edge of a rock or a corner of the glass between the bottom glass and any of the side glass. If you have rocks, they will probably attach at the edge of the rock near the bottom glass. Sort of under the rock.

All you really need to understand is that these guys are looking for safety. In a hole or under a rock or in the sand they can retract and find some degree of security away from potential preditors even though you probably don't have any in your tank. Out in an open area of bare bottom they may attach, but my best guess is that within a day or two it would move, looking for a safer spot.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 72 29.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 69 28.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 51 21.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%

Back