Can I move a Featherduster?

Euphylliaphyle

Just your average schmo.
View Badges
Joined
Sep 28, 2025
Messages
1,695
Reaction score
2,713
Location
Eastern NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently found a small (3/4 or 1" disk) featherduster worm attached to a rock in a space between two rocks. Without chipping the rock (its at the bottom of the stack and touches glass on 2 sides + bottom), is there a safe way to remove the worm from that rock and attach it to another out in the open? If this is too risky for the animal I will just leave it where it is. Thanks.
 
There may be but honestly I would just let it grow and let it lay some eggs, if that is how they reproduce. I was able to get a feather duster that was hidden in the rock work and now I have like 30 feather dusters in my tank. 😅
 
Usually it's best to leave them be if they are attached to a rock. Sometimes you can remove them with a new razor blade if they are on a flat surface like glass, but if you try to rip them off a rock or coral you risk accidentally hurting it.
 
Usually it's best to leave them be if they are attached to a rock. Sometimes you can remove them with a new razor blade if they are on a flat surface like glass, but if you try to rip them off a rock or coral you risk accidentally hurting it.
Thank you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new