Rock cleaning

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ace87
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ace87

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2024
Messages
12
Reaction score
4
Location
Fresno
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I had a question. I’m setting up a newer 20gal aio. My cousin had given me a couple rocks from his collection. This rock has been out for some time. How can I go about cleaning it up? Do I soak it, pressure wash it? It’s got some weird things on it from before and don’t want to creat any issues out of the gate. Any info or suggestions greatly appreciated thanks
IMG_7132.jpeg
 
Yeah pressure wash it, then soak in thin bleach (no fragrance etc) the cheap stuff is normally good as it doesn’t contain other stuff, soak for a couple of days, then dry out side for a couple of day to get rid of the bleach, if you can smell the bleach when dry, soak in rodi water for a couple of days and dry again.

10% bleach to rodi water is probably strong enough.
 
Yeah pressure wash it, then soak in thin bleach (no fragrance etc) the cheap stuff is normally good as it doesn’t contain other stuff, soak for a couple of days, then dry out side for a couple of day to get rid of the bleach, if you can smell the bleach when dry, soak in rodi water for a couple of days and dry again.

10% bleach to rodi water is probably strong enough.

Just want to clarify. Soak in strait bleach or bleach and rodi, or bleach and tap?
 
Just want to clarify. Soak in strait bleach or bleach and rodi, or bleach and tap?
I added an edit, yeah bleach and rodi water, 10% bleach probably good enough, think I probably used 20% myself.
 
if you plan on breaking it up, worth doing that before bleaching.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new