Rock flower anemone care

Mcdonalds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, so I wanted to get my first anemone and thought a rock flower would be interesting. From what I’ve seen it would be fine for a nano tank, but what about feeding? Would any livestock be at risk of being eaten like a goby, blenny, or clean up crew? I’m open to any suggestions, haven’t researched much yet. I appreciate it.
Thanks

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will eat frozen food like mysis. I feed mine black worms, mysis and chopped clams.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most the inverts we standardly put into our tanks will not bother it. Some shrimp/crabs may take its food when you feed though.
They require not too much light and lower flow. Good candidates for small tanks.

OP
OP
Mcdonalds

Mcdonalds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most the inverts we standardly put into our tanks will not bother it. Some shrimp/crabs may take its food when you feed though.
They require not too much light and lower flow. Good candidates for small tanks.
My fire shrimp just recently passed, only thing that can really compete are hermits. I probably shouldn’t consider getting another shrimp then?

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easy to take care of and lots of color to enjoy. They won’t mess with anything in your tank. Make sure you don’t have any peppermint shrimp. Those guys like to go rogue and kill your rock flowers. They don’t move around as much as other anemones, but they will move around some until they are happy and usually stay put from there on.

They are slow growers, but most people don’t feed them enough. If you give them some meaty food once or twice a week they’ll be happy and healthy and pack on some size pretty quick!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are the easiest to take care of. They don't move much. Turn off flow dig a small crater next to the rock and place nem there. Should attach in about 10-15 minutes. The other option place in small dish with a pvc end cap slightly bigger than the foot. It will attach to the end cap and you can place in your tank

Feeding
Eat just about any prepared food. You don't have to target feed but it does help to get bigger quicker.

Spawning.
You need a male and female to spawn. Its a toss up which you have. The more the better to have a female and male.

OP
OP
Mcdonalds

Mcdonalds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are the easiest to take care of. They don't move much. Turn off flow dig a small crater next to the rock and place nem there. Should attach in about 10-15 minutes. The other option place in small dish with a pvc end cap slightly bigger than the foot. It will attach to the end cap and you can place in your tank

Feeding
Eat just about any prepared food. You don't have to target feed but it does help to get bigger quicker.

Spawning.
You need a male and female to spawn. Its a toss up which you have. The more the better to have a female and male.
When it comes to reproduction, will any two color morphs work, or do they need to be the same?

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it comes to reproduction, will any two color morphs work, or do they need to be the same?
Any color morphs will work with any color morph.
The babies May not be the same colors as the parents.

Great thread to go over.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would hold off on the larger shrimps. They can irritate them when introduced and steal food. The sexy shrimp or pedersen shrimp would be fine though.
So will the porcelain crab would host a rfa

Back