Rock Flower dying Help

Cambrian Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 16, 2020
Messages
122
Reaction score
264
Location
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any thoughts based on the picture? Im thinking so, but have never lost one before. 3 other rock flowers and coral in the tank doing fine.

Rock flower.png
 
Hard to say, especially with all that blue light in the photo.

Over the years (like the last 6) I've lost a few RFAs (I have 40+ at the moment) for unknown reasons.

If it is still firmly attached to the rock and the rock is too big to take out of the tank, I'd leave it and watch. If you can get it out and put it in a smaller container, that might be a good idea. A healthy RFA can survive for weeks in a small container if you just do a water change 2 or 3 times a day. If it dies and falls apart, it doesn't do any real harm to the tank. I just lost one in a 16g breeding tank and all the other RFAs, shrimp and crabs seem to be just fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new