Rock flower show off thread!

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three right now. I've had them for a while. I use kind of a trick to keep him in place. I take a very large snail shell like a Mexican turbo or top crown Astria plant the shell upside down in the sand with just the hole showing. Plant The Rock nem inside the hole and I have not had one move yet. They appear to disappear at night but pop out of their shells in the morning.

FB_IMG_1521072555117.jpg

Instead of snail shells I've been using different size PVC end caps. The RFA plants it's foot in the bottom of the cap and I press the cap down into the sand. After things seem stable, I can press the cap down under the sand and so not one RFA has moved. This also makes it easy to move them or take them out of the tank for whatever reason. If you have them breeding and want to sell them, this sure makes that easy!

Jet915

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found some babies! I found the first one about a month ago.

These two I discovered last week. Both are facing away from the front of the tank so I had to take a pic from the side and zoom in with my cell phone camera. Very fuzzy. Never witnessed a spawning event so not sure if I just bought one that was pregnant or not. Ive had rfas for about 4 months, isnt gestation 3 months? Either way very excited!

20180723_183357.jpg

20180723_183429.jpg

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back