Rock or Coral?

warpdrvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was given this box of “aquarium rocks” by a friend. I’m so new to the fame I’m not sure exactly what it is. Can I use it any way in my new tank, and if so, what do I need to do to prepare it?

E2EA4022-EEEE-4F42-859A-88DA7A5112BF.jpeg

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much. So just give it a thorough cleaning then or? They have been in this box for years I think
What I would reccomend is giving it a thorough clean to get rid of any dead organic matter (not counting skeletons)
BRS made a few good videos on starting tank with dry rock only https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/vide...s-what-is-the-best-way-to-cure-dry-live-rock/
If you already have the tank up and running with some live rock you can just clean it and put it straight in as long as you don't use copper or detergent to clean it. If you use tap water to clean it use something like prime to dechlorinate any chemicals in your tapster, ideally I would use RODI water though

OP
OP
W

warpdrvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peach, thanks so much for great answers. I am slowly doing a build. Focusing on getting the supplies needed to get started. Having a bit of remodeling done so waiting til that’s done before I fire up the tank. Found a real nice RODI unit at BRS gonna order tomorrow probably

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back