Can anyone ID this coral?

djwhite98

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2023
Messages
12
Reaction score
5
Location
new york
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this coral from a friend getting out of the hobby and I’m pretty newish. I’m just trying to ID so I can make sure it gets the best care! Thank you in advance and if you have any pointers on placement, light and flow?

IMG_5511.jpeg IMG_5510.jpeg IMG_5508.jpeg
 
Candy cane or Trumpet i think. Just got my first this week. I have it on the very edge of my tank at the bottom in medium flow. Its puffed up. My understanding they are pretty hardy and can be placed in lots of areas in the tank.
 
Very recessed. Judging by skeleton, I was thinking maybe cristata.
 
Very recessed. Judging by skeleton, I was thinking maybe cristata.
I don't think it's a cristata. I don't see any tentacles, and I think I can see a visible separation between the oral disc and the coenosarc.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new