Rock to glass ?

BangedUp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried to epoxy or glue small pieces of rock rubble to the tank glass to support corals that need to be separate ..... also directly to the bottom glass for rock stability in the build of a new aquascape and which product was successful, gel or 2 part epoxy

Bdrake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know about on the glass, but i have used super glue and Waterweld to fasten pieces of shelf rock to the overflow.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
13D6346D-22B1-4F8A-B696-BF44E9AFD198.jpeg
Has anyone tried to epoxy or glue small pieces of rock rubble to the tank glass to support corals that need to be separate ..... also directly to the bottom glass for rock stability in the build of a new aquascape and which product was successful, gel or 2 part epoxy
I used crazy glue gel and aquarium safe silicone. I applied to a small rock on the back wall and two long rocks on the base. When I bumped into the one on the base it disconnected but the one I did on the back wall has been threw some wear and tear, lots of tooth brushings and it’s hanging strong

Capitol Reef Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say a safe bet is to use silicon if you want to stick a rock to the back wall glass to mount corals on. Should be a much strong bong between the glass and the rock I believe.

I recommend using epoxy to hold rock in place to the bottom glass though. I have done this before and have had a good amount of success. Just make sure you press firmly and the epoxy sticks to both the glass and the rock.

OP
OP
BangedUp

BangedUp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say a safe bet is to use silicon if you want to stick a rock to the back wall glass to mount corals on. Should be a much strong bong between the glass and the rock I believe.

I recommend using epoxy to hold rock in place to the bottom glass though. I have done this before and have had a good amount of success. Just make sure you press firmly and the epoxy sticks to both the glass and the rock.

Nice, I’m planning on doing a scape like I’ve never done before so two part epoxy to the bottom will definitely help

OP
OP
BangedUp

BangedUp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
13D6346D-22B1-4F8A-B696-BF44E9AFD198.jpeg

I used crazy glue gel and aquarium safe silicone. I applied to a small rock on the back wall and two long rocks on the base. When I bumped into the one on the base it disconnected but the one I did on the back wall has been threw some wear and tear, lots of tooth brushings and it’s hanging strong
Thanks man, your scape is awesome as well

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back