Rock vs Ceramic Tile

  • Thread starter Thread starter bluemon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bluemon

Lazy DIY Reefer
View Badges
Joined
Jun 20, 2017
Messages
2,622
Reaction score
2,513
Location
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had my Raunchy Reds take over my rock work in the past few years (from a couple to a hundred heads), and so I decided to try my luck at more expensive shrooms.

Hopefully picking up some magic carpets, was wondering if there was a difference between raising them on a rock vs a ceramic tile?

I’m guessing most people raise them on tiles so they are easier to frag/sell.

But that aside, anyone know if growing them on rocks makes them split faster? I have most of my Raunchy Reds on rocks, and while them spreading like a weed can be a problem, I feel like the rock work might encourage more baby popping up somehow?
 
They reproduce by pedal fission. I would hypothesize that the rougher, uneven substrate would be conducive to more pedal tears and polyps?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new