RocketEngineer launches again.

I think I recognize you from RC?

Anyways, welcome back. That tank is sweet.
Yup, started there. When I got back into the hobby, here was more popular.

Thanks. I’m trying to decide what I want to add next. More fish, just need to decide which ones. Corals are another option. I still have my old skimmer to rework and install plus a few odds and ends to clear up. It’s a work in progress.
 
Critter pics:
Some kind of feather duster sorry, hard to see):
IMG_2376.jpeg

The big hermit crab riding a snail:
IMG_2380.jpeg
 
I realized I didn’t have a good picture of the tank including the light support. So here is everything plus my current tank mess.
IMG_2385.jpeg

The bracket on the wall is 8020 extrusion. I purchased it all black, including black brackets. There are four angle brackets, two on top, two on bottom of the verticals, that are bolted into studs with flange head screws. The rest of the wall frame is built off that. The lights themselves hang on a Radium 40” bar. The cable for that is looped around the front bar of the wall bracket. One day I will crimp and trim the cable but for now, it’s been working good.
 
Sand was acquired and crater in the corner filled. Lots of shells and gravel so hopefully this new batch will stay in place better. The tank was too cloudy for pictures but I hope to take some soon.
 
I realized I didn’t have a good picture of the tank including the light support. So here is everything plus my current tank mess.
IMG_2385.jpeg

The bracket on the wall is 8020 extrusion. I purchased it all black, including black brackets. There are four angle brackets, two on top, two on bottom of the verticals, that are bolted into studs with flange head screws. The rest of the wall frame is built off that. The lights themselves hang on a Radium 40” bar. The cable for that is looped around the front bar of the wall bracket. One day I will crimp and trim the cable but for now, it’s been working good.
New builder here. Your work is incredible and I was wondering if you could share your build plans and material list for the 90 gallon tank stand? Thank you so much in advance!
 
New builder here. Your work is incredible and I was wondering if you could share your build plans and material list for the 90 gallon tank stand? Thank you so much in advance!

Here is a thread that is archived on Reef Central - the first post covers the design and talk about sizing for different stands. You can also search here if you want but the reason for the link is that there is a history of posts asking design questions with answers that dates back to 2007.

https://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1169964
 
New builder here. Your work is incredible and I was wondering if you could share your build plans and material list for the 90 gallon tank stand? Thank you so much in advance!

Here is a thread that is archived on Reef Central - the first post covers the design and talk about sizing for different stands. You can also search here if you want but the reason for the link is that there is a history of posts asking design questions with answers that dates back to 2007.

https://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1169964

That can be found in the new thread here:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/basic-diy-stand-calculator.1138386/#post-14017865
 
I will say that the tank has new residents. I added 7 fish: an algae blenny, a citron gobie, a powder brown tang, and 4 Banggai cardinals.

So far, the powder brown has been a concern as I found it stuck to a powerhead. I’m hoping it pulls through. I have new nori coming later this week. Fingers crossed until then.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new