Rockflower Anemone?

Royal Gramma Man

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I was wondering if a rock flower anemone would be good for my tank. I have plenty of rockwork, but was wondering if it would be fine with my other tank inhabitants. I have one clown pair, one royal gramma, and a cleaner shrimp w/ hermits. Let me know if that works, and or other anemones that could be compatible. Thanks!

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're fine! Ive got Rock flowers with BTAs and Mini Maxi anemones as well as clowns, a fire shrimp (very similar to a cleaner shrimp), and theyre doing perfect. They do prefer to be fed small bits of meaty food every now and then (a couple days a week) and slightly dirtier water much like zoanthids. Good luck, theyre beautiful! Just know, that you have absolutely zero control over where they decide to settle

OP
OP
Royal Gramma Man

Royal Gramma Man

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're fine! Ive got Rock flowers with BTAs and Mini Maxi anemones as well as clowns, a fire shrimp (very similar to a cleaner shrimp), and theyre doing perfect. They do prefer to be fed small bits of meaty food every now and then (a couple days a week) and slightly dirtier water much like zoanthids. Good luck, theyre beautiful! Just know, that you have absolutely zero control over where they decide to settle
Great! Thanks for the help and info!

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as your tank is decently mature you should be fine. Theyre easy, I feed mine huge chucks of shrimp every few days. I set it on my rocks but it worked its way down to where my sand and rock meet and stayed there. Fun to feed, easy to care for, highly recommend. Jooluhvit.

OP
OP
Royal Gramma Man

Royal Gramma Man

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as your tank is decently mature you should be fine. Theyre easy, I feed mine huge chucks of shrimp every few days. I set it on my rocks but it worked its way down to where my sand and rock meet and stayed there. Fun to feed, easy to care for, highly recommend. Jooluhvit.
Awesome! Any specific variations I should keep an eye out for?

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Any specific variations I should keep an eye out for?
Nah, just get whatever one you think looks best. Ultras have the brightest colors. I have one orange and green now and this one on the way tomorrow.
20210107_151233.jpg

Theyre great, pricing seems to be all over the place though.

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah, just get whatever one you think looks best. Ultras have the brightest colors. I have one orange and green now and this one on the way tomorrow.
20210107_151233.jpg

Theyre great, pricing seems to be all over the place though.
Truth. Saltcritters has been a good, inexpensive source for me. The ultra mystery packs were very good

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back