RODI 2-Way Valve for cold water washer line

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody ever used one of these brass 2-way splitters on your cold water line from washer and experienced issues with water quality? I used one before and always had zero TDS, but thought that it might be a good Idea to start buying ABS instead. The problem is...most of the PVC or ABS splitters are cheap and the water lines are always under pressure. This is why I went with a brass splitter last time. I was living in a 2nd floor apartment. The apartment before that I was on the ground floor. I used an ABS splitter and didn't have an issue with it breaking, but these days they're looking pretty cheap. Not sure If I can trust a plastic splitter now. I'm worried that the brass splitter will eventually send something past my RODI filters and kill my reef. I'm not a brass expert so I'm not sure how toxic brass is, but it would probably be bad if it made it past my filters.
Heavy duty 2-way splitter.jpg
2-way splitter.jpg

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The brass is before the filter, so your fine. It's like how all the lines in your home are more then likely copper, but before the RO/DI so it gets filtered out.

Used a brass one for about 9 years prior to moving my RO/DI into my mixing station room.

I would use the brass one IMO. I've had the plastic ones split right where it meets the faucet.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The brass is before the filter, so your fine. It's like how all the lines in your home are more then likely copper, but before the RO/DI so it gets filtered out.

Used a brass one for about 9 years prior to moving my RO/DI into my mixing station room.

I would use the brass one IMO. I've had the plastic ones split right where it meets the faucet.
Agreed. Never had any problems myself....but it was in the back of my head.

Thanks...I feel much better now. ;Smug

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back