Counter Top Clothes Washer for Filter Socks?

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw a Counter top Clothes Washer, at a yard sale. Wondering about using it for my Filter Socks. Anyone use this? BTW, was running them through the regular clothes washer, after protest from my wife and noticed weird skimmer activity, I stopped.

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw a Counter top Clothes Washer, at a yard sale. Wondering about using it for my Filter Socks. Anyone use this? BTW, was running them through the regular clothes washer, after protest from my wife and noticed weird skimmer activity, I stopped.
Rinse them in RO water after washer cycle. I run mine through the washer and wife doesn’t care. Use a good washer and you shouldn’t have any issues.

Allenh427

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run them in my main washer with bleach for the first run. And then 2 more quick wash runs without bleach. I keep my lid open for a good bit after I wash them to air it out. My clothes never smell.

OP
OP
S

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you pull the Detergent Drawer out, there’s always some detergent lingering there. It doesn’t matter if the Liquid Detergent is diluted. Wrote to LG, about this and other problems with the Washer and Dryer, Cycles and Performance, they ignored me.

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you pull the Detergent Drawer out, there’s always some detergent lingering there. It doesn’t matter if the Liquid Detergent is diluted. Wrote to LG, about this and other problems with the Washer and Dryer, Cycles and Performance, they ignored me.
Run a quick cycle before hand maybe. Idk I don’t worry about it. I think we as reefers overthink to much.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you want them to say?

OP
OP
S

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can update the programming on the machines, via WiFi Connection. BTW if the machine does a hot water initial fill then switch to a balanced Cold and Hot Water, there’s no detergent residue. Also they need an after spin tumble to de-tangle the clothes. Dryer they eliminated the bottom front panel. There’s no easy way to clean the Blower Fan.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hot water lowers the viscosity of the detergent. The government mandates maximum volume per cycle and power consumption. Blame your elected officials and activists, not LG.

As it is the cold water cycle is a cold water cycle. Even Ignoring the energy certification, I can’t imagine them remoting to your machine and providing you custom cycle tweaks.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Could these be done in a dishwasher on the top rack? No detergent?

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could these be done in a dishwasher on the top rack? No detergent?

I thought about it once but even tho my Gal is pretty accommodating she wasn't fond of that idea so I stuck with the washing machine.
I have a hunch it may be tough to get felt socks clean in one. I remember doing them by hand in buckets of water and they were tough to get clean. I think the agitation from the clothes washer is probably going to work better. But I dunno. Only one way to find out;)

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I thought about it once but even tho my Gal is pretty accommodating she wasn't fond of that idea so I stuck with the washing machine.
I have a hunch it may be tough to get felt socks clean in one. I remember doing them by hand in buckets of water and they were tough to get clean. I think the agitation from the clothes washer is probably going to work better. But I dunno. Only one way to find out;)
I'm not opposed to trying it. Thanks!

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dishwasher can sanitize but can’t agitate or scrub and the pump/filter can get easily fouled I think it is a poor choice but to each their own.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The dishwasher can sanitize but can’t agitate or scrub and the pump/filter can get easily fouled I think it is a poor choice but to each their own.
I hadn't thought about it in that regard. Thank you

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.2%
Back