RODI and Algae

WhatCouldGoWrong71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I need to run a dosing line about 120 feet from my mixing station to my ATO reservoir tank side. It will be easier for me to use clear 1/4 tubing for the amount of bends I have to do. However, about a 20 foot run will be in direct sun light. This is simply a 4 month stopgap till I start consolidating tanks down to my new one. Will algae grow in RODI water? Google says yes, but, if everything is stripped out that helps produce algae, what gives?

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to run a dosing line about 120 feet from my mixing station to my ATO reservoir tank side. It will be easier for me to use clear 1/4 tubing for the amount of bends I have to do. However, about a 20 foot run will be in direct sun light. This is simply a 4 month stopgap till I start consolidating tanks down to my new one. Will algae grow in RODI water? Google says yes, but, if everything is stripped out that helps produce algae, what gives?
RODI water is not 100% pure. It contains undetectable amounts of stuff. Bacteria and algae can use this undetectable stuff to grow slowly. By te end of 4 months you are likely to see growth. But so what, right? Your aquarium is an algae farm.

Back