Rodi ASO valve vibration

  • Thread starter Thread starter rinckemd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rinckemd

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2009
Messages
243
Reaction score
276
Location
Indianapolis, IN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay, help me out, my ASO valve is working, but vibrates like crazy when it goes to shutoff. Even if I shut the clean output line off, it still takes a minute or two to shutoff, and vibrates.

See a video here:

I've tried:
  • Tried a different ASO valve and one-way valve. Same result
  • Verified the one way valve is on the output of the membrane
  • Thought trapped air might be causing problems so I flushed the system.
  • PSI is about 60, tried fiddling with the input psi, same result.
  • I've pretty sure it's connected correctly, carbon out to in of ASO.

Help me out guys, it's driving me nuts!
 
That looks like a Spectrapure unit. If so, and you are on the Facebook… Find them there. They're often around giving out advice and technical support on Facebook, while in the office…
 
Try picking the RO/DI unit up in your hands while it is making water and slowly rotate it around in all directions to release any trapped air pockets.
What you are experiencing is really pretty common on any RO or RO/DI system with an ASOV, I have experienced it myself more than once.
 
Try picking the RO/DI unit up in your hands while it is making water and slowly rotate it around in all directions to release any trapped air pockets.
What you are experiencing is really pretty common on any RO or RO/DI system with an ASOV, I have experienced it myself more than once.

i shouldve thought of that!! when AZ said all directions, he means it! I rotated and tilted in every direction, and the noise stopped. Had to to that to my units when I installed them and when I changed the filters. Thanks for stopping in AZ.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new