RODI auto shut off

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReefQueen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2016
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
3,080
Location
Pittsburgh
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been wondering about this, so help me figure it out please. If I have an float valve in my RO container to stop it from overflowing, wouldn't the waste water just keep pouring down the drain even though the good water has stopped? Is there a way to turn the whole system off without manually turning the faucet off? I am going to move mine down to the utility sink in the basement where I am sure I will forget about it much more frequently then I do now.
 
You need an autoshutoff valve (ASOV) on the RO/DI system which shuts both off when the float is raised. All RO vendors sell them for $10-$15.
 
Ah ok. I thought that was just for one. Awesome that answers my question, thank you:)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new