Rodi canister order

  • Thread starter Thread starter DiazE
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DiazE

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2020
Messages
147
Reaction score
16
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I put my chlorine carbon blocker before or after carbon 1micron and 5micron.
 
Below the carbon
You want filter pad first, carbon and then media
 
I do 5 micron ->1 micron -> carbon -> carbon -> 1micron -> ro -> DI
 
I'am thinking:
1micron sed>5micron sed>1micron carbon>5micron carbon>1micron chlorine carbon>RO>DI mixed>DI mixed
 
I'am thinking:
1micron sed>5micron sed>1micron carbon>5micron carbon>1micron chlorine carbon>RO>DI mixed>DI mixed
If you put 1 micron before 5 micron, the 1 micron will stop anything before the 5 micron gets a chance to. Clogging the 1 micron prematurely and not get as much use out of the 5 micron.
 
I'am thinking:
1micron sed>5micron sed>1micron carbon>5micron carbon>1micron chlorine carbon>RO>DI mixed>DI mixed
If those are the filters you have I would run them this way

5micron sed>1micron sed>5micron carbon>1micron carbon>1micron chlorine carbon>RO>DI mixed>DI mixed
 
I really like having a filter in front of the RO membrane just in case the carbon releases anything unexpected. That way I can protect the RO membrane. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new