RODI Help Auto Shut Off

KSReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fountain head 6 stage system that has been great for me. I’ve noticed though that all the sudden my auto shut off valve is vibrating and the waste water is continuing to run even though my water storage was full to the float valve.

I added a frag system to my basement near my RODI set up. I ended up splitting the finished water line to go to my auto top off container for the frag tank and the other to still connected to my water station. This is when the vibrating started and waste water continued to run. I also noticed that my ATO contained for my frag tank was overflowing even though a float valve was installed.

I replaced the ASOV but nothing has changed. My next step is to replace the float valve because it’s obviously not functioning. The one in my mixing container works no problem. I’m hoping it’s just a bad float valve and it’s not completely sealing which isn’t allowing the ASOV to close fully? I burned through a set of filters and DI pretty quick because I didn’t realize my waste water was running. So the float valve was working at some point but maybe not sealing completely.

I guess my question is do some people split their Rodi to go to different storage tanks? And if so was there something I should have installed while doing so.
1604AC00-EC6B-4AB3-9EE2-5075FC21D3A3.jpeg

Benjammin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a splitter on mine. No vibrations. Splitter was an add on. I’d check the float valve.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also consider plumbing in ball valves on all your runs. This is great for maintenance as well as long term shut down to a given end point without having to rely on devices that fail like float valves. For the effort and cost it's well worth it.

OP
OP
KSReefing

KSReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After messing around with the system. I found out that my pressure was too high on my system and was getting around 100 psi. Dialed it back and replaced the check valve and now it’s all working appropriately!

Back