Rodi Mixing Station Heater cord Gasket

Jdubs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for suggestions for what to use for my rodi tank to seal up the hole I need to put a heater and power head in my tank for mixing saltwater. I’ve read the hole needs to be sealed to keep the water from being contaminated after filtered. Looking for some kind of grommet or gasket to cover the hole from the power cords. Thanks for the help

OP
OP
Jdubs

Jdubs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for suggestions for what to use for my rodi tank to seal up the hole I need to put a heater and power head in my tank for mixing saltwater. I’ve read the hole needs to be sealed to keep the water from being contaminated after filtered. Looking for some kind of grommet or gasket to cover the hole from the power cords. Thanks for the help
I found this but don’t want to drill a 2 inch hole. Looking for something smaller.

CDF916AA-CE0C-44EC-8578-F75F022E5EF1.png

Thub

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you're looking for is called a cable gland. They're specifically designed to allow a cable to pass through a flat surface without letting fluid pass through too.

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What you're looking for is called a cable gland. They're specifically designed to allow a cable to pass through a flat surface without letting fluid pass through too.

The problem with that is how will you fit the plug or heater through the small opening, you would have to cut the cord unless they sell a big enough one.

Zbryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flyshop 3/4" ID 1" Drill Hole Grommets Synthetic Rubber Grommets Wire Protection,Round, 4-Pack

There are various sizes of these on amazon.

OP
OP
Jdubs

Jdubs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will check those out. Thank you for the help

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 160 44.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 126 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 54 14.9%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.4%
Back