RODI PH Level?

  • Thread starter Thread starter wrgoff
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

wrgoff

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2023
Messages
107
Reaction score
35
Location
Downingtown
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What should my RODI water's PH level be? I tested it the other day and it was 7.9. Which is also what my tank is. I have been trying like crazy to get it to 8.2 (8.1- 8.4). I keep having to add "Reef Buffer". Is this normal?
 
RODI water PH can vary sometimes, and adding buffers can be very annoying. I will say that you dont have to be exactly at 8.4 since when adding neutral RO water, the saltwater buffers it to 8 typically. I use 7.0 PH RODI water for my tanks and they are all doing ok.
 
What should my RODI water's PH level be? I tested it the other day and it was 7.9. Which is also what my tank is. I have been trying like crazy to get it to 8.2 (8.1- 8.4). I keep having to add "Reef Buffer". Is this normal?
Testing RODI pH is of no utility and likely very inaccurate. Stop adding "Reef Buffer" it's just an alkalinity supplement that you may not need. What's your tank alkalinity at now?
 
Here in Colorado I evaporate a TON of water on my Reefer 625. Sometimes 2 gal per day. I add homemade soda ash to my RODI top up water to help keep the alk somewhat elevated (kalk too).

If you need to raise your RODI water's pH and alk, try adding homemade soda ash to your freshwater reservoir. It's easy and very cost effective.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new