RODI question

Pvtgloss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a brs 75gal/day 4 stage filter. I have two questions.
1) if the in-line TDS meter reads 1 on the "iIN" and 0 on the "OUT" what filter do I need to replace?
2) if I feel like I'm getting way more filtered water than usual but the PSI gauge reads the same, what does that mean? Is there anything particular I need to look at?

ROB2005

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you have your meters placed in the system? After the membrane and after the DI canister? Those readings to me should be fine

OP
OP
Pvtgloss

Pvtgloss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Where do you have your meters placed in the system? After the membrane and after the DI canister? Those readings to me should be fine
Yeah, it looks like after ro then after di.
When should I switch membranes?
It's been two years but I only make 20ish gallons a week

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You replace your ro membranes when the tds is no longer in the rejection rate typically 98-95% and change your di resin when it no longer shows 0 some wait until 3tds or so. I replace carbon yearly but I also have a whole house carbon filter good for 1 million gallons so I doubt I ever need to. You replace your sediment filters when notice flow go down or if it yellows.

kbnh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You replace your ro membranes when the tds is no longer in the rejection rate typically 98-95% and change your di resin when it no longer shows 0 some wait until 3tds or so. I replace carbon yearly but I also have a whole house carbon filter good for 1 million gallons so I doubt I ever need to. You replace your sediment filters when notice flow go down or if it yellows.
Didn’t Ryan from BRS once say that just because the sediment filter yellows it doesn’t mean that it’s not useful anymore because of the layers of the filter? Is that true or a marketing point?

OP
OP
Pvtgloss

Pvtgloss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How can I test my rejection rate?

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Initial tds before ro then test tds after ro. So if initial tds is 100 the tds should be less than 5, 5 being 95% if higher tds it’s becoming exhausted.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 150 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back