Rodi question...

Rising Star Reefs

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2024
Messages
39
Reaction score
17
Location
Colorado Springs
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the BRS 7 stage system....is it normal for the mixed bed resin canister to fall in water level once turned on? It fills back to full once the water is turned off. 60psi. It's 0 TDS coming out. If its not normal, what's the fix? Also, the water sound isn't coming from the unit, I was filling a jug lol
 

Attachments

  • 20250618_084142.mp4
    35.5 MB
Yes, that’s normal. It’s just trapped air in the system. You can loosen the canister while it’s running to purge out the air if you want. Just remember to tighten it back up.
 
Yes, that’s normal. It’s just trapped air in the system. You can loosen the canister while it’s running to purge out the air if you want. Just remember to tighten it back up.
Just gave you a thumbs up because you had 35999 reaction score and I wanted you to have 36000 :D
 
Yes, that’s normal. It’s just trapped air in the system. You can loosen the canister while it’s running to purge out the air if you want. Just remember to tighten it back up.
Just gave you a thumbs up because you had 35999 reaction score and I wanted you to have 36000 :D
Oh, thanks! lol! I haven’t looked at that in a while. 🙂
 
To the OP, I purge my mixed bed canister when I notice air in it too. It doesn’t really hurt anything as long as it doesn’t create air pockets in the resin chamber, I just purge the air as a precaution.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new