RODI Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kdocimo90
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kdocimo90

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2009
Messages
151
Reaction score
4
Location
Stamford, CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short, I want to add a solenoid valve to my top off as a safety feature. My question is, being that most normally open solenoid valves seem to be stainless steel, will that be fine to use? Only freshwater will be passing through it. My concern is that it will be "reef safe"
 
I might be confusing what you are looking for. Unfortunately I'm at work and can't link the page to you. I'm responding via phone. The solenoid you are looking for is separate from an ASO?
 
I might be confusing what you are looking for. Unfortunately I'm at work and can't link the page to you. I'm responding via phone. The solenoid you are looking for is separate from an ASO?

Yes,

I'm looking for a Normally Open Solenoid Valve
 
Good luck and post some pics of you find what you need. Would be interested in this feature as well for mine.
 
[TABLE="width: 800, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="class: body, bgcolor: #7B958F, colspan: 4"][SIZE=+1]Normally Open Solenoid Valves[/SIZE][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: body"][/TD]
[TD="class: body, width: 480, bgcolor: #7B958F"][SIZE=+2]with 1/4" fittings and cord [/SIZE]
0-150 psi, 1/8" Ports, 0.098" orifice, 0.23 Cv value, stainless body w/ stainless parts, 3 foot power cord.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]



VS




​


[TABLE="width: 330"]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

1337282104934128335001.jpeg




​



WIC 2POG Series 1/2" Inch 2 Way Normally Open Plastic Pneumatic Electric Air, Gas, Water Zero Differential Solenoid Valve

WIC Valve 2POG Series 2-way normally open solenoid process valve is to control On/Off of air, inert gas, liquid, and vacuum. This solenoid valve has one 1/2" inlet and one 1/2" outlet port. Valve stays open when the coil is de-energized, and it closes when energized. Valve can be mounted in any position. WIC valves are compatible with ASCO valves.


2POG Series Solenoid Valve Specification:
Valve Type: 2 Way Normally Open (Valve closes with energized)
Service Media: Air, Gas, Liquid, Vacuum
Operation Model: Direct Lift Diaphragm
Body Material: PA Plastic Valve Body
Seal Material: NBR (Buna N) on Diaphragm and Plunger Tip
Coil Power: DC - 30W ; AC - 50/60Hz 28VA
Coil Class: H Class IP 65
Coil Duty: 100% ED (Continuous Duty)
Operating Pressure: Vacuum 0 PSI to 90 PSI
Operating Temperature: 0 to 50 °C
Port Size Option: 1/2", 3/4" and 1" NPT Female Port
Coil Voltage Option: 12V DC, 24V DC, 24V AC, 110V AC and 220V AC
Voltage Tolerances: DC: +10% –5% ; AC: +10% -15%
Electrical Connection: DIN 43650A Coil Connector with LED Indicator
​
 
Any other opinions?

Only reason I ask is that the stainless steel comes wired and with all fittings and is also 1/2 the cost.
 
It's not coming into contact with any salt water, so I do not see what the issue is with using stainless.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new