RODI Source Water Temperature

tkd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I have been running my BRS 7 stage RODI unit since I bought it this summer. I was just reading that the source water temp should be 77 degrees. I have my unit in the basement and tied into the cold-water line and have not had a problem. During the summer months the source water temp is fine. I am making water now and just checked the finished water temp and is 61 degrees.

My question is, is 61 degrees to cold going through the membrane and could it damage the membrane and unit. Should I be concerned with the source water temp?

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The source water should be cold water only. It will produce water less quickly but it will extend the life of your membrane and DI. 61 degrees is downright warm for some places this time of year.

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the colder the incoming water is, the slower the production of rodi water, and more waste water. in other words, it works best at 77 degrees, and less efficiently as it's colder. BUT, don't run the hot water! Water above a certain temp (100 or so... not sure, but not really that hot) wijj hurt the membrane. Besides, nasty stuff comes out of a water heater.

OP
OP
tkd

tkd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The source water should be cold water only. It will produce water less quickly but it will extend the life of your membrane and DI. 61 degrees is downright warm for some places this time of year.
Ok that is what i am seeing is that is produces less quickly. I agree should be cold water, Just thought it was a little too cold. I live in Vermont and is getting cold here and can get down to -20 degrees for periods of time. Thank you for your response.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back