RODI TDS

valley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my brs 4 stage 75gpd rodi unit started making water that had a tds of 2 ppm last week. I've had the unit for 6 months now and I'm assuming it's time to change out the filters.

I changed the di resin today and it's still producing water with a tds of 1 ppm. I’m pretty sure I packed it in well and there’s no gaps. The original di resin hadn’t really changed color; just a little bit on the bottom had changed to a reddish color. Could it be that I need to change out something else?

Malum Argenteum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given that you're getting the same TDS reading before and after DI resin, it might be that you have RO bypassing the DI resin somehow.

Given a higher RO reading before replacing the resin compared to after replacing the resin, I'd suspect a measurement error (since the DI won't affect the membrane performance).

Is this an inline meter?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given that you're getting the same TDS reading before and after DI resin, it might be that you have RO bypassing the DI resin somehow.
Or... the meter is off. Hobby grade equipment usually has a decent margin of error.

Malum Argenteum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or... the meter is off. Hobby grade equipment usually has a decent margin of error.
I'm sure that's true.

Though, I've had a handful of HM Digital inline meters, and they all read exactly the same when new (I run four channels, and sometimes swap probe positions for troubleshooting purposes) and for a few years of use until the prongs foul, and they all give readings that make sense (expected rejection rate per the membrane and conditions; TDS of zero out of the DI unless it is exhausted).

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id run a couple of hours through the system first and retest before doing anything.

Mine does that each time I change resin.

OP
OP
V

valley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Given a higher RO reading before replacing the resin compared to after replacing the resin, I'd suspect a measurement error (since the DI won't affect the membrane performance).

Is this an inline meter?
Yea im using the Hm digital inline meter that came with the unit.

skey44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ultimately is there anything wrong with 2 tds… maybe unpopular opinion. Did you watch for a long time? Maybe it takes a while for the tds canister to fully fluidize.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 43 22.8%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 110 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back