Rodi unit

Misfits

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone am building my 120gal new tank and today i hook up my 4 stage rodi unit brand crystal pro all cartridges filters carbon membrane di are all brand new, after flushing for about 10 mins, and i tested my product water with a tds meter and reading was at 7 tds so am i good to go at 7 tds, or do i need to aim at 0 tds? Tank will be a sps dominant start from frags.

OP
OP
Misfits

Misfits

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks seadweller tml i will flush it longer and check it out again hope all goes well ya

mameroo2000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need 0tds, also as what SeaDweller mentioned above flush your system for 1 hr and rinse your Reservoir few time to remove any trace elements

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you reading 7tds between the ro stage and the di resin? or is this 7tds after the di resin as goes into your storage?
a tds of 7 after the ro not that bad, 7 after the di stage is bad.
I flush the product water of the ro stage first for about an hour, this removes the preservatives off the ro membrane without going through the di resin, then you need to flush the first 30 or so minutes of the di stage.

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone am building my 120gal new tank and today i hook up my 4 stage rodi unit brand crystal pro all cartridges filters carbon membrane di are all brand new, after flushing for about 10 mins, and i tested my product water with a tds meter and reading was at 7 tds so am i good to go at 7 tds, or do i need to aim at 0 tds? Tank will be a sps dominant start from frags.
When my unit was new it seemed to take *forever* to break in. It took about 3 hours before zero TDS water came out. I also posted on here wondering if my unit was broken! My advice is to be patient and give it time! More time than you think is reasonable!

OP
OP
Misfits

Misfits

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you reading 7tds between the ro stage and the di resin? or is this 7tds after the di resin as goes into your storage?
I flush the product water of the ro stage first for about an hour, this removes the preservatives off the ro membrane without going through the di resin, then you need to flush the first 30 or so minutes of the di stage.
Yes sir 7 after di yup. I see will try on that too mate Thanks

OP
OP
Misfits

Misfits

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my unit was new it seemed to take *forever* to break in. It took about 3 hours before zero TDS water came out. I also posted on here wondering if my unit was broken! My advice is to be patient and give it time! More time than you think is reasonable!
OMG

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to find my thread one sec.
Here ya go!

OP
OP
Misfits

Misfits

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here ya go!

Thanks mike. I have been running the unit for almost the whole day, lowest tds from di outlet is 5 at most

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the tds coming off the ro membrane? I don’t see a di chamber on that unit. The top small chamber is probably extra carbon and is useless after the ro membrane.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never flushed my DI resin for 30 mins, always straight in and straight to use. Is this something you’ve always done?

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never flushed my DI resin for 30 mins, always straight in and straight to use. Is this something you’ve always done?
i have 3 di stages 1st cation 2nd anion 3rd mixed bed. i have a tds meter between the 2nd stage and 3rd stage. and it usually takes some time for the tds to reach 0 when i change out the anion resin. maybe not 30 minutes. this may is distinction between using separate resins that i should have made, as with using mixed bed i got 0tds right at the start.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the tds coming off the ro membrane? I don’t see a di chamber on that unit. The top small chamber is probably extra carbon and is useless after the ro membrane.

also I have bought a cheap ro unit once that came with the wrong flow restrictor. Something to double check but I think you just don’t have any di resin unless you added it or I am looking at the wrong unit.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back