Rodi waste water

mindamoo424

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! So, what would be the possibility of using RODI waste water after adding salt for a fish only quarantine tank?

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to experiment with advanced oxidation process to see how it purifies my tap water. Will require ICP testing to determine its effect and might help in your case but understand that depending on your tap it might have very high concentrations of calcium and magnesium and might need cutting still with RODI to balance it out. There’s ways to purify water other than RODI and really depends on your tap source as certain metals might not get removed and not known how they affect fish in higher concentrations that would exist in that run off. Not all tap created equal.

Gregg @ ADP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be nice if people did something with it other than just pump 4 gallons of water down the drain for every 1 gallon of product water they make.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be nice if people did something with it other than just pump 4 gallons of water down the drain for every 1 gallon of product water they make.
Direct waste line to lawn and planters that you'd otherwise need to water anyway (like mentioned in post #2).
*I get that if the individual doesn't own a home on property with landscaping, that doesn't apply

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I use my rodi waste water for outdoor plants.
I have a lot of planter boxes and I am able to collect the waste water in a 55 gallon barrel outside.
Not much use for it in the winter and early spring, but definitely helps with the water bill in the summer.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 110 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back