rodi water

Fred2482

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Could you clarify what the goal is? Would you like to push RO 1/4 tubing from basement to a auto top off container upstairs, mix the salt in the basement and perform water changes upstairs, or have everything in basement except display tank? I have all of my mixing stations as well as my sump in my basement that feeds a display tank on a different floor. It's great, just need an appropriate pump.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to put my rodi system in the basement any suggestions or dangers w using a sump pump to bring the salt water upstairs to the tank?

Welcome! Glad you joined! Sounds like you & @Fred2482 already connected - he knows his stuff.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

I use a regular pump to pump up RODI (ato) and saltwater to my aquarium upstairs.

24F2EB7A-2D2F-4B19-8DB8-B338C74D845D.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I want to put my rodi system in the basement any suggestions or dangers w using a sump pump to bring the salt water upstairs to the tank?
Assure no fumes can enter the container water is being pumped from- Key word- Ventilation. You can place a couple of wood paneos to isolate the pump area and install a couple of fans to push air out from box

Fred2482

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RODI to the basement should not be any problem. As far as salt water back up I would ensure you have a very easy way to start/stop the water. The pump just needs to have enough head pressure. There are lots of considerations, if its a tube I would measure the height, distance and diameter of the tube. Typically the AC external pumps have the most head pressure.

This helps explain a bit.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. When you say you want to use a sump pump are you referring to a return pump that would normally be used in an aquarium sump, or a sump pump like you would get from Lowes for your homes sump? I would be very cautious using any pump not specifically designed for aquarium use.

Please ignore the picture I added it to the wrong thread and you aren't able to remove them once posted.

run-bump.gif

Last edited:

ss30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No dangers as far as I can see as long as the pump will pump the water that high.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back