OP
C

Clownface

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks much. I’m about to place an order for the cyclone 4. Any last-minute suggestions?thanks much.

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks much. I’m about to place an order for the cyclone 4. Any last-minute suggestions?thanks much.
I would get the TDS meter and the pressure guage for sure. I also got add fixtures for the hose and laundry room. Have not studied the package you are looking at but the price was very reasonable to get the drinking water option with the tank. More bang for your buck! The shipping was much more reasonable than Buckeye Hydro.

OP
OP
C

Clownface

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get the TDS meter and the pressure guage for sure. I also got add fixtures for the hose and laundry room. Have not studied the package you are looking at but the price was very reasonable to get the drinking water option with the tank. More bang for your buck! The shipping was much more reasonable than Buckeye Hydro.
which tds meter would you go with? Is the handheld doable?

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
which tds meter would you go with? Is the handheld doable?
Yes, I bought the handheld. You will need it. The water is not pure at first for one thing. Also, make sure you flush your filters out before you start creating water. My instructions only stated that in the replacing filter section. I only found that out the day after I started creating water and it was too late.

OP
OP
C

Clownface

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was just researching AirWaterIce and they say:

https://airwaterice.com/
“FUN FACT! Did you know the best filters you can purchase are ALWAYS the most APPLICABLE to filtering what is in your specific water source, NOT the most expensive. We review your water quality report and help you find out what is in your water and recommend a filter array to get the results you demand.“

Should I explore this option or will it be alright to go without it?

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was just researching AirWaterIce and they say:

https://airwaterice.com/
“FUN FACT! Did you know the best filters you can purchase are ALWAYS the most APPLICABLE to filtering what is in your specific water source, NOT the most expensive. We review your water quality report and help you find out what is in your water and recommend a filter array to get the results you demand.“

Should I explore this option or will it be alright to go without it?
You should order a system that is reef not drinking water (unless you want dual). It will then come with the mandatory filters you need. You need to also know why type of chemical is used in your local water supply. If it is chloramine, you will need an additional filter. Your water utility should have it online. Well water is different too. Talk to Joe at AirWaterIce if you need too.

Every geographic area's chemicals, water pressure and water quality can vary somewhat.

OP
OP
C

Clownface

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should order a system that is reef not drinking water (unless you want dual). It will then come with the mandatory filters you need. You need to also know why type of chemical is used in your local water supply. If it is chloramine, you will need an additional filter. Your water utility should have it online. Well water is different too. Talk to Joe at AirWaterIce if you need too.

Every geographic area's chemicals, water pressure and water quality can vary somewhat.
I’ll be sure to get in touch with Joe.thanks much.

OP
OP
C

Clownface

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One last question.The cyclone 4 is a “reef keeper”. Will this do? Or is it for only drinking water or is it for both aquariums and drinking?thanks

Hop2jr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that rodi system will work for reef aquarium. Like others have said the pressure gauge is nice to have and tds meter is a must. Anything else you can add later. Just make sure to follow directions when starting it up, most have you remove the di filter to flush the system then put it back in to run. Looks like a nice system FoR the price.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think this is always the best answer. Build a system for your water not some national average.

One thing I do not care for on the Cyclone system in the sediment filter being a 5 micron and the carbon block a 1 micron. I would change that to a 0.5 or 1 micron to let the carbon do its job. I am sure they would switch it out for just a few dollars.

Last edited:

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One last question.The cyclone 4 is a “reef keeper”. Will this do? Or is it for only drinking water or is it for both aquariums and drinking?thanks
No, the cyclone 4 is only reef. Here is the one I purchased. The price was reasonable for the drinking water addition.

OP
OP
C

Clownface

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, the cyclone 4 is only reef. Here is the one I purchased. The price was reasonable for the drinking water addition.
I meant to say that I don’t need the rodi for drinking water purposes. Thanks

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally if you do not tap into a supply line you use a plastic garden hose splitter hooked up to a sink or washing machine.
There is no need to use a plastic fitting here - remember this is BEFORE the RO membrane. You can use a higher quality more durable splitter.

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is always the best answer. Build a system for your water not some national average.

One thing I do not care for on the Cyclone system in the sediment filter being a 5 micron and the carbon block a 1 micron. I would change that to a 0.5 or 1 micron to let the carbon do its job. I am sure they would switch it out for just a few dollars.
With non-chlorinated well water, there is no need for a high end carbon block. So for the carbon block I'd go for a 5 micron. For the sediment filter... you'll want to do a little experimenting. You may find a 1 mic sediment filter clogs too quickly. If so, go with a 5 micron sediment filter followed by a 1 micron sediment filter.
Russ

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back