Rogue Anemone won’t attach

Rusty Baldwin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I have an anemone, very large, that won’t attach. He has already killed other anemones.

I pulled him out of a powerhead. Destroyed the powerhead. Got a new powerhead. I had him trapped by ricks but he slipped out. He is now on the loose.

I caught him right before he got to the powerhead.

What do I do? Split him? Remove from the tank?

I can’t put him in my other tank.

Any help is appreciated.

IMG_5697.jpeg IMG_5670.jpeg IMG_5651.jpeg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think that's an LTA right? Create a deeper spot in the sand and dig a hole so it can attach to the bottom if so.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talk about a terrorist anemone!! Ive never used one but Ive seen these pot kinds of things that you can put one in to keep it from running away on ebay, maybe look at those and see if its a good fit? I only have BTAs though, not sure about this guy

OP
OP
R

Rusty Baldwin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think that's an LTA right? Create a deeper spot in the sand and dig a hole so it can attach to the bottom if so.
It is an LTA. I have spent months trying to get him to attach. I have tried exposing glass, everything.

OP
OP
R

Rusty Baldwin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talk about a terrorist anemone!! Ive never used one but Ive seen these pot kinds of things that you can put one in to keep it from running away on ebay, maybe look at those and see if its a good fit? I only have BTAs though, not sure about this guy
It’s my BTA’s that he keeps killing. I have two LTA’s and five BTA’s. I had six.

I have seen the anemone boxes and I will look again. However, they look dangerous for my other livestock. A gill net situation.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s my BTA’s that he keeps killing. I have two LTA’s and five BTA’s. I had six.

I have seen the anemone boxes and I will look again. However, they look dangerous for my other livestock. A gill net situation.
Yeah thats why I didnt try one either, but these are like clay type ones that Ive seen so maybe!

onegreenray

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I have an anemone, very large, that won’t attach. He has already killed other anemones.

I pulled him out of a powerhead. Destroyed the powerhead. Got a new powerhead. I had him trapped by ricks but he slipped out. He is now on the loose.

I caught him right before he got to the powerhead.

What do I do? Split him? Remove from the tank?

I can’t put him in my other tank.

Any help is appreciated.

IMG_5697.jpeg IMG_5670.jpeg IMG_5651.jpeg
I think you're looking at chemical warfare, that's why the LTA is not settling down. It either needs to be in a separate tank or take it back to the pet store if there's other anemones in there. Now I've kept multiple colors of btas together with no problems but not what LTA at the same time or carpet anemone or rock anemones.

OP
OP
R

Rusty Baldwin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you're looking at chemical warfare, that's why the LTA is not settling down. It either needs to be in a separate tank or take it back to the pet store if there's other anemones in there. Now I've kept multiple colors of btas together with no problems but not what LTA at the same time or carpet anemone or rock anemones.
Yeah, it’s frustrating because my other LTA landed and hasn’t moved. I suspect this guy has a broken foot.

I keep reading that I can split him manually and he will likely fix the foot, but I can’t bring myself to cut him.

OP
OP
R

Rusty Baldwin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can tell he’s trying to attach but never does. In this picture, clean bottom

Attachments

• IMG_5729.jpeg
    IMG_5729.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
R

Rusty Baldwin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am done with this guy. He just took out another LTA and two BTA’s.

Attachments

• IMG_5735.mov
    36.6 MB

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 31 15.3%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 47 23.3%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 116 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back