Roller filter - smaller micron roll

Ketan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before getting a Bubble Magus roller filter recently, I was using 5 micron felt socks which really polished my water and I was used to that. However there are 2 issues with the roller filter currently.

1. I only use the main outlet to the filter, while the secondary outlet drops to the sump directly. I don't have enough room in my sump to continue using a sock on the secondary outlet and change it easily. It's a very tight fit for the roller filter in there.
2. I suspect lot of water gets out of the roller filter compartment directly without going through the filter OR the micron size (20 micron?) is too large to do any reasonable filtration.

I do see the used roller collecting some of the crap but it doesn't seem like it is being blocked fully. It only looks like partially used. Would like to get smaller micron roll if someone has used it before and know where to find it.

Interested in knowing what other users think about roller filters in general. I don't think the filter brand matters much as it is a simple contraption, it is the filter material itself that would make a difference.

OP
OP
Ketan

Ketan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I have played with it, not sure how it will affect anything? Right now it gets triggered once a day, which is enough time to clear most of the particulates if the filter is effective.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.4%
Back